Auto Expo 2016 is all about different brands launching their vehicles. There are 14 brands in total including BMW, Honda, Hyundai, Jaguar, Mahindra, Maruti Suzuki, Toyota, Tata , Nissan, Mercedes Benz, Renault,Volkswagen,SSangYong and Datsun. . In this Auto expo different brands have unveiled their cars and shared updates about the cars which they have declared to launch this year 2016. This article will have all the information of the cars which these exhibiting brands are expected to launch this year 2016 in India along with their features.
BMW is all set to launch two cars this 2016; BMW New 7 Series and BMW NewX1.
- BMW New 7 Series: It is the new-generation BMW 7 Series, the first BMWs to be based on the Cluster Architecture (CLAR) platform. The vehicles willsport a comparatively evolved designing language. This car will support air suspension and remote control.
- BMW New X1: The second BMW launch at the 2016 Auto Expo will be the second generation X1. It will have a 2.0 litre diesel engine.
Honda will be launching two cars in 2016 Honda New Accord and Honda BR-V.
- Honda New Accord: The sedan will finally return to India, after being discontinued in 2-13, albeit with a hybrid engine .It will house a 2-litre, 16-valve i-VTEC petrol engine mated to the electric motor. While the petrol unit churns out 141bhp, the system’s combined output is rated at 196bhp along with 306Nm of torque. The new Honda Accord may be launched in India by April, 2016.
- Honda BR-V: Based on the extended Brio platform, the Honda BR-V has taken some designing cues from the Mobilio MPV. The 7-seater SUV will sport a wheelbase of 2,652 mm and will be offered in a three-row layout. Honda BR-V will get the 1.5 litre i-VTEC petrol and 1.5 litre i-DTEC diesel for engine options.
Hyundai will be launching Hyundai i20 sport and Hyundai MPV this year.
- Hyundai i20 sport: it gets a 1.0-litre 3-cylinder turbocharged petrol unit that delivers 120bhp of power and 172Nm of torque. Its Kappa T-GDI engine was developed at Hyundai’s German technical centre in Russelsheim.
- Hyundai MPV : This upcoming Hyundai MPV will go up against names like Maruti Suzuki Ertiga, Toyota Innova, Honda Mobilio, and Renault Lodgy.
Jaguar is expected to launch Jaguar F-Pace and Jaguar XE .
- Jaguar F-Pace: Jaguar F-Pace, which will take on the likes of the Audi Q5 and Porsche Macan, sports Jaguar family design cues and also lifts some cues from the F-Type.
- Jaguar XE: Jaguar XE will be made available with a 4-cylinder, 2.0-litre petrol engine in 2 states of tune. Jaguar’s rival to Mercedes-Benz C-Class, BMW 3 Series, Volvo S60, and Audi A4, is expected to arrive in India via the CKD (completely knock-down) route.
Mahindra is expected to launch Mahindra New Quanto .
- Mahindra New Quanto: The modal is unveiled in Auto expo 2016 . The Mahindra Quanto facelift will receive several cosmetic updates along with a new engine.
Maruti Suzuki :
Maruti Suzuki will be launching Maruti Suzuki Ignis this year 2016.
- Maruti Suzuki Ignis: It will have 1.2-litre petrol and 1.3-litre diesel engine that powers the new Mauti Suzuki Swift and Baleno
Mercedes Benz has unveiled Mercedes Benz GLC in Auto Expo 2016.
- Mercedes Benz GLC: The Mercedes-Benz GLC SUV is will most probably be offered with a 2.0-litre petrol unit and a 2.1-litre diesel motor
Volkswagen is expected to launch Volkswagen Ameo and Volkswagen Passat.
- Volkswagen Ameo: The new Volkswagen Ameo is likely to borrow engines from the Polo hatchback – the 1.2-litre MPI petrol and the 1.5-litre TDI diesel. Ameo will get best-in-class safety features and build-quality.
- Volkswagen Passat: The car will get a 1.4-litre TSI engine combined with an electric motor that collectively churns out 215bhp.
Tata has unveiled Tata Zica in Auto Expo 2016.
- Tata Zica : Tata will offer Zica with two engine options, namely, an all-new 1.05-litre, 3-cylinder Revotorq diesel motor and the 1.2-litre, 3-cylinder Revotron petrol unit. It will offer customized packages. Tata Zica will give tough competition to cars like the Maruti Suzuki Celerio, Hyundai i10, Chevrolet Beat, and Honda Brio.
These were some of the cars which are launched and announced in Auto Expo 2016 Please share your valuable inputs on this article in the comment section below.<